Church History

DSCN0236History of Our Church

  The earliiest records from the Clinton county Historical Society note that an Evangelical group was holding religious services as early 1857. In 1867 the church was formally organized and a church built. The first congregation had 42 members, In 1870 provsion was made for a school which was taught by the pastor. In 1891, the occasion of the 25th anniversary, a steeple was built and a bell installed. That same bell still calls the congregation to worship. The first record of a Sunday School was in 1859. The Women's Guild was first started in 1879. being called "des Damen Vereins." Ground breaking for the present church was September 20, 1964, with the cornerstone being laid July 11, 1965. The dedication service was on March 13, 1966 and a service of note burning was held April 5, 1970.

 

  Our history has proved not to be hind sight but a beacon to the future, pointing us to dream dreams and to venture into service for our Lord even when that task seems difficult or impossible. Our history teaches us to walk in faith, to welcome the stranger, to love God and serve our brothers and  sisters.

© 2017 Immanuel United Church of Christ
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community